Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Cost of Quiet

As the saying goes, if it's quiet, then they are probably getting into something they shouldn't.  But sometimes I love that quiet moment a little too much.  It's a fine balance between how much I need that moment to myself and how much time I want to spend repairing/cleaning the damage.

This time though, was probably a time that I really should have been a little more attentive.  After deciding that the few minutes of peace were a bit too long and too quiet, I found Esmé in my bedroom.  She had found my paramedic scissors.  The heavy duty ones that can cut through seat belts, and I bet little fingers.  And somehow she managed to figure them out and alter her pyjamas while keeping all 10 fingers.  Oh, the guilt of a negligent mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment