Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bookworm

Sometimes I see a glimpse of a much older Esmé.  Small moments that reveal so much about her personality and what type of person she'll grow to be.  Two is a fun age, but I'm really excited to know her as she gets older.  I can only imagine that my adoration of her will grow over time as she discovers the world and herself.  As she learns how to fit in and stand out, how to love and to fight, and how to fill the space around her.

This moment here: sprawled on her bed, nose in a book, legs swinging.  My little teenager.

3 comments:

  1. I love this video. I've had to watch it several times now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, admiration of your children does grow over time. You don't think it's possible to adore, love, admire them any more than you do now; but you will, because all of it adds to itself as the years go by.

    ReplyDelete