Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sibling Survival

I read on some blog somewhere about the differences in parenting the first and second child.  It said that with the first child, baby proofing is done to protect the child from the dangers of the house.  With the second child, how could a house possibly be as dangerous as a three year old sibling? The baby attends daily sibling self-defense classes.

And here is an example from today:

I entered the living room just in time to find Esmé dangling Tyne off the couch by her ankles.  No exaggeration here.  There really was a baby hanging upside down in my living room today whose life was at the mercy of a 3 year old.

Please don't judge my parenting skills.

2 comments:

  1. YIKES!!! That would be frightening! I'm trying to picture you moving as quickly as possible without further injuring your healing body or did you just forget about your body and run full out to save Tyne?

    I laughed out loud at the first paragraph, so true. Naomi is constantly being barraged by her two older brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny!! Love it that Tyne is enrolled in self-defense classes.

    ReplyDelete