Friday, October 19, 2012

Jumping Into It Again, But Times Two

I've heard that having two kids is much harder than one.  A German friend of mine told me that there is a saying in German that translates as, "Having only one child is like having no children."  Thanks, but there's really no going back now.

We know what it's like to have a new baby, so this time we are not in the innocent fog of new parent naivety, waiting for our angel baby to come quietly into this world saying, "Yes, Mama, I'll let you sleep some more.  I'll let you take a shower, get dressed, and feel like a normal human.  And I'll even follow what every parenting book says I should be doing at this age so that you'll know exactly what to expect from me."

So we are rolling up our sleeves for the big jump into babyhood, now combined with toddlerhood, ready this time for what comes.  But not ever really ready.

Kind of like this:



P.S. Some have asked, my estimated due date is mid December.  I am hoping for a 12/12/12 baby. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment