Sunday, February 14, 2010

Patty Cake

Kyle often forgets lines to nursery rhymes so makes up his own words. I heard him singing Patty Cake to which I was surprised to hear him remember most of the words. But toward the end it turned into "...bake me a cake as fast as you can. Roll it, spin it, put it in a tin, and give it to you!" Which was fairly close, but then I chimed in with the more well known version, "Roll it, pat it, mark it with an E, and throw it in the oven for Esme and me!"

Kyle thought about it a minute and then said, "Nursery rhymes are so strange, why would you 'mark it with a knee?' That doesn't even make any sense!"

Not too swift with the nursery rhymes I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I bet Kyle laughed at himself after you told him how silly he is. Colin also seems to change the songs and make them his own, must be a guy trait. :)

    ReplyDelete