Saturday, June 11, 2011

As Moving Day Approaches

Packing boxes to move is hard. Packing boxes to move while a toddler is running around is just stupid. I pack a box, she unpacks it. I get out a new box, she climbs into it. I sort through the crystal vases, she picks one up and breaks it. I label the box, she rips off the labels (because, hey! free sticker!)

Two days left in our apartment. The little one bedroom apartment that we've lived in for the past 8 years. We were newly weds when we moved in, Kyle was still in acting school and I was a youth worker in Surrey. We dreamt of our future together, wondering what would come. I look back through the memories and am happy to have been here in this place at this time. And now we move on. New memories to be made.

3 comments:

  1. i didn't know you were moving?? where are you going? good luck with the packing and good luck with the move :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new place sounds fantastic. I can take the little one off your hands Friday night if you like. We have made many a move with the little ones it is always a physical and metal challenge but I know you will be amazing and so will your new memories.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh Eliza, I can only imagine what it would be like packing up the house and am thankful that it's not me! Although I feel like we're living out of boxes currently. Great news - we ordered the carpet finally!

    I'm excited for your move, the home you've made there with Kyle and now Esmé was wonderful but your new home will be just as special. =)

    ReplyDelete