Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Second Job



It is with mixed feelings that I began my first shift back at work. I feel like I am now a mother first and a paramedic second (or third or fourth). But I do love my job and it was invigorating to be back, using my brain again, talking to grown ups again, and venturing out into the world again.

I am one of the few who is blessed with the option of working very part time until I am ready to take on more. So until then, I am mostly at home with the little girl who tires me out more than working the night shifts, who stresses me out more than the lights and sirens, and who has taught me more than any book or job or career or person ever has.

I am a mother. And then I am a paramedic.

2 comments:

  1. yay a post!

    You are a very lucky mother to have an amazing daughter, and it is nice that you can work as little or as much as you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I think it is very positive for children to see there mothers value their careers. Let us know if you need help with the little beauty while you are working.

    ReplyDelete