Friday, July 16, 2010

Nursery Rhyme Mash Up

Have you ever noticed that the songs "Twinkle twinkle little star", "Baa baa black sheep", and the "ABCs" all have the exact same tune?

Things like this become very important pieces of information when one has to sing these songs a million times before naps or bed. Lately my lullaby boredom has lead me to search out new songs so I can stop singing Christmas carols in July. (I can now remember the words all the way up to 12 drummers drumming.)

So you can imagine my excitement when I realized that these three songs have the same tune. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

So here is my new nursery rhyme mash up...

Twinkle twinkle
have you any wool
H I J K
Three bags full
Up above the
T U V
One for the little boy
Y and Z
Baa baa black sheep
A B Cs
How I wonder
Sing with me!


2 comments:

  1. here is some good kids music you might like, we have It's a big world and LOVE it!
    http://reneeandjeremy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and...my initial repertoire after A consisted of twinkle twinkle, abc's, lean on me, and silent night I was too tired to remember anything else. So I would say your doing pretty well!

    ReplyDelete